If you don't want to grant individual users access to the portal as an admin, you can send users an intake form. The intake form grants them access to your portal and provides onboarding instructions. Once they fill out the form, they will have access to the portal.
Follow these steps to set up your intake form:
- Click on "Settings".
- Select "Group Portals".
- Select a group type. (Note: Each group type has their own intake form.)
- Click on "Set up Intake Form".
- Create your welcome message and terms and conditions and click "Next Group Information". (The welcome message should be similar to the portal's welcome message.)
- You'll use the group information section to collect information related to the organization. Enter a title and instructions.
- Click on "+Select Questions" to add existing fields to the form.
- Select your desired fields by checking the boxes next to the field name.
- Drag and drop the selected fields to your preferred order.
- Click "Done".
- Click "+Create Question" to add a new field the form.
- Toggle on the questions that are required.
- Click "Next Contact Information"
- Contact Information is used to collect information related to the primary contact or user at the specific organization. Repeat steps 6-12 for the contact information.
- Click "Form Settings".
- Pick the user's landing page.
- Pick what type of people type the contact should be created as.
- Click "Save".